Rosshead Housing provides supported housing for up to 10 service users with a wide range of support needs such as mental health problems, addictions and homelessness. Each service user is provided with a personalised and person centred Support Plan and are allocated a keyworker when they initially move into the service.
The aim is to enable people in the service to increase their independent living skills and to work towards resettlement in the community.
The service is care inspectorate registered and is fully staffed 24 hours a day by an experienced and dedicated staff team who are all highly trained and experienced.
In House Activities include:
- Themed movie nights
- Communal meals
- Cooking classes, walking groups and quiz nights
- Service User forum meetings weekly with the manager
- Manager coffee mornings weekly
- Workshops on issues such as the impact of alcohol and stress management.
Areas of support can include:
- A stable and safe environment
- Emotional and social support
- Assistance with developing life skills and tasks such as completing forms, shopping, cooking and laundry.
- Prompting and reminding on specific tasks or appointments
- Assistance with accessing other services
- Money management and budgeting
- Administration of medication
- Confidence building
We are there to ensure you meet your agreed goals, feel supported and safe, have a voice in telling us what support you need and help you to rebuild your personal connections and relationships.
“I moved into Rosshead House in October and very soon I realized I was in a safe space where I could take my time to decide where I wanted to go next and allow me time to build up my relationships with my family and young children. With the support of the staff team I managed to secure myself a tenancy close by to allow me to be close to my family. Rosshead House linked me in with other agencies that gave me information and guidance to allow me to ensure I was able to manage my tenancy this time and my keyworker helped me plan in advance all the things I would need to do to make my new home a success. I have only spent a few months in Rosshead House but that time has given me a new exciting direction in my life and I would recommend the service to anyone who has lost their way or needs support to get back on track.”